The aim of the NEEEF is to provide a clear overarching policy framework into which all other policies will slot. The NEEEF will supersede all other transformation and empowerment policies of Government as well as provide the framework within which all private sector initiatives, past and future will be expected to conform to. Government will ensure its other policies are consistent and mutually reinforcing with the NEEEF.
The objectives of the NEEEF include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring the sharing of Namibian resources in an equitable and sustainable basis by the people of Namibia
- Creating a socially just society
- Implementation of measurable policies of redress and redistribution
- Creating vehicles for empowerment
- Removing barriers of socio-economic advancement in order to enable previously disadvantaged persons to access productive assets and opportunities of empowerment
- Actively guarding against the repugnant tendencies of window-dressing, favoritism, nepotism and self-enrichment
- Providing measurement of empowerment targets
- Ensuring that an empowering act is meant to launch individuals to empower themselves in the future using the basis of their initial empowerment.
- Economic empowerment may be organized in the following forms of ownership: public, private, joint public-private, cooperative, co-ownership, and small-scale family owned
- Equitable empowerment is addressing disparities occasioned by class, gender and generational relationships.
Download Full Document